Friday 11 November 2011

Go west.....

Try here someone said........

Some internet research revealed some effort here should be worthwhile.....

And so it was that two of us headed west in search for the lady of the stream.  It was smaller than I thought it would be and my 12' trotting rod was laughable on such a wee burn.  Occasionally though, I managed to find a wee pool here or a run there that would let me trot my maggot through the swim.


My buddy, an expert fly fisher didn't hesitate to get in and about the undergrowth and was soon flicking a weighted nymph into a pot under the roots.


Sorry for disturbing you wee fella.  I'm just going to take a quick photo before returning you to whence you came from.  Thank you for brightening my day.




Oh dear.........

"Hello, is that SEPA............?"


So no grayling for our efforts, but a grand morning out in beautiful countryside.  I'll come back here another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment